Myconstitution.info

Author Topic: I do solemnly swear...  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Jim Nunziato

I do solemnly swear...
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:48:33 PM »

Before the newly elected or re-elected President of The United States assumes duties as such,  before any congressional representative or senator, or Supreme Court judge assumes responsibilities or duties as such, are they not required to take an oath (or affirmation) to "preserve, protect and defend" the Constitution of The United States?

Do they pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution (as written and amended) or an interpretation of it by previous judges, administrations or congresses?

Also, Article six of the very same Constitution, establishes the Constitution, the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, to be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

So, my question is, if every elected or appointed representative or servant must swear by oath or affirmation, to uphold, protect and defend the Constitution, why do so many of them seem to look for ways to circumvent it, or blatantly  disregard it? ...and why do "We The People" let them get away with it?

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."  Thomas Jefferson

If Hillary was the answer, then it must have been a really stupid question!