Myconstitution.info

Author Topic: How? Why? Who is at fault?  (Read 5994 times)

Offline Jim Nunziato

How? Why? Who is at fault?
« on: March 06, 2016, 09:16:29 AM »
Our Constitution separates our federal government into three distinct branches; The Legislative, Executive and Judicial. Each is equal, to the other two, and each has its own specific function. The reason it was set up this way was to prevent any one branch from usurping too much power over the other two, or over the Sovereign States or "We The People." If any branch of the federal government tried to gather too much power unto itself, the other two branches would over-rule, and restore the balance. This "check" on the over-reaching branch was designed as a system of "checks and balances".  It was a fantastic system, and if everyone followed it as it was designed, it worked flawlessly.

It seems to be human nature to always want "more."  Over time, those in power devise schemes to grant themselves more and more power, and try to convince "We The People" that their schemes are in our best interest. When "We The People" do not keep ourselves educated, informed, and watchful over "The Chosen Ones" whom we send to Washington to represent our best interests, they figure out that we do not care, or understand what they are doing. Their interests then begin to change from ours to their own

It boggles my mind to see how much power the federal government has today when I read what specific enumerated powers are granted to it by Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. How could this have happened when our Founding Fathers designed specific checks and balances into the system to prevent it?

It's very simple. "We The People" are asleep, apathetic, and many of us just don't care. Those whom we have elected to represent us know it, and it emboldens them to do everything they can get away with, to serve their own best interests, instead of ours.  The only time they even know we exist is when they need our vote to keep them in power. So, who is to blame? I'll leave that for you to figure out for yourself.

How has the Executive branch grown so powerful? Article 2, Sections 2 & 3 define the powers granted to the Executive branch. Where in those two sections does it grant the power to intrude, control and regulate every aspect of our personal lives through "agencies" instead of "Laws?"  Who grants these said "agencies" the power and authority to write  "regulations" which carry penalties and fines, up to and including incarceration, with absolutely no input from the Legislative branch?  This is usurped power by the Executive branch, from the Legislative branch. Is the Legislative branch asleep too? I don't think so...

Could it be that our elected representatives in the Legislative branch are so well tuned in to the low awareness level of "We The People"  that they know they can "bargain away" power to the Executive branch if they in return get bills signed into law that benefit themselves?  For one simple example, things like automatic pay raises for themselves unless they specifically vote to NOT get one for a session?  How else could bills such as that get signed into law without some form of "bargaining chip" that will benefit both branchs? I don't know about you, but it makes me wonder...

It's time for "We The People" to wake up, educate ourselves, and elect representatives for ourselves who will keep our best interests in mind when they go to Washington to serve us! We must elect representatives who will go to Washington and change the everyday "business as usual" and restore the federal government back to what the Constitution defined it. We have to send representatives to Washington who are willing to break up the enormous "politics" machine by establishing term limits for all representatives, thereby eliminating "career" politicians. Our representatives should go to Washington, serve their term, and return back home with nothing more than what the arrived with. They are not "royalty" and should not be treated as such. They are not "above" we who sent them to Washington," and should not be treated as such. 

It is up to "We The People" to control the federal government, not the other way around.

What say you?

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."  Thomas Jefferson

If Hillary was the answer, then it must have been a really stupid question!