Myconstitution.info

Author Topic: Presidential Election  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Jim Nunziato

Presidential Election
« on: March 03, 2016, 08:58:34 PM »

I am amazed at what I see happening in the main stream media and the Republican National Party concerning the people choosing a new president for themselves.

Love him or hate him, Donald Trump is walking away with the republican side of the choosing process. Why? I can only guess that it's partly because he's funding his own campaign, so he is beholden to no one. He's not politically correct, in a world that is obsessed with it, and most of us are fed up with it. He's a successful business man who's not the least bit shy about telling you how wealthy he is. He didn't get rich by being stupid, and many Americans are fed up with the fiscally  Ir-responsibile  "politics as usual" inside (and out) the beltway.  They want someone who understands that no entity, private or otherwise, can continue to exist while spending more money than they take in. Washington is totally clueless of this concept.

So far, the Main stream media and the Republican National Party are doing everything they can to destroy him. They just don't get it. I can understand fully why the main stream media, with their liberal biases do not want to see the democratic nominee, whomever it may be, compete against him.

I don't understand why, when Trump is running as a republican, and doing quite well, I might add, the National Republican Party is also trying to prevent him from getting the necessary delegates to secure the Republican Party Nomination. You'd think that they'd be tickled to have a strong republican candidate whom is doing so well.

Oh, wait, I think I might have a possible answer... Perhaps because the National Republican Party leadership has more of their own "best interests" in mind over those of "We The People?" Trump is resonating with what so many voters want that he seems to be unstoppable.

The more Trump wins in the primaries, the more
desperately his own supposed "family" try to destroy him. "We The People" are speaking very loudly in the primary elections. Does our voice only mean something when it is agreement with the main stream media and the Republican National Party? I say, "Let the people speak, and let the people's voice resonate loud and clear." Amen!

And there's one more thing that's a real "burr under my saddle..." Those of my fellow conservatives who have already made no bones about it, they will NOT vote for Trump if he gets the republican nomination. Folks, you have no idea how STUPID that notion is, and how much it frustrates me.

To those folks, I ask another question for you to ponder... I can understand how and why you might not like Trump, and I have no problem with that whatsoever. But if Trump is the nominee, and you just cannot bring yourself to vote for him, DO YOU LIKE HILLARY OR BERNIE BETTER THAN YOU LIKE TRUMP? If you decide to not vote for Trump, then your (non) vote will allow a vote for Bernie or Hillary to go UN-neutralized!!! If you like either Bernie or Hillary better than you like Trump, why not just vote for them instead of NOT voting for Trump?

Remember, obama won his second term with a margin of five hundred thousand votes. FOUR MILLION republicans who "couldn't bring themselves to vote for Romney" made their "statement" by "sitting that one out."

Unfortunately, their "statement" affected us all, and gave the arguably worst president in our nation's history four more years to drive us even further into debt, and further shred our Constitution.

No candidate is perfect. No candidate will be 100% in line with everyone. If you're not 100% in step with the current nominee, are you more in step with his opponent?  Take a few steps back and get a broader view of the big picture. Vote your heart, vote for the candidate who you think will do the best job for our country, but for God's sake, V-O-T-E!!!

I now return the soap box to the next speaker...

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."  Thomas Jefferson

If Hillary was the answer, then it must have been a really stupid question!

Offline Jim Nunziato

Re: Presidential Election
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 06:58:40 PM »
I realize that this is an old thread, but the stakes are just as high, and the point is even more relevant than when I made the original post.

It's now down to Hillary or Trump. I cannot understand how there can still be "undecided" voters, with less than three weeks left until election day. These two candidates are S-O-O-O-O far apart, I find it mind-boggling that anyone hasn't "made up their mind" yet. Come ON!!! Either you want someone who is for bigger government, higher taxes, liberal Supreme Court nominees, open borders, etc. etc. etc. , or not!

And for you "Never Trumpers," still out there, please don't try to justify yourself by "sitting this one out." One of these two candidates will become the next president of the United States. That's a fact, and like it or not, your vote can help to steer it either way. Not voting for Trump allows a vote for Hillary to go UN-neturalized. If you can't bear the thought of Hillary as president,  and you refuse to vote for Trump, remember that the only way Hillary will NOT be electled, is for someone else to get MORE votes than her. Trump is the ONLY ONE who can do that, but only with the support of everyone who claims to be a conservative. Remember, obama won his second term with a half million vote margin. The only reason he was able to accomplish that, was because FOUR MILLION republicans "couldn't bring themselves to vote for Romney." Nice going!  Good job!

So, if you're still undecided, or can't bring yourself to vote for Trump, let me ask you a few questions:

Of the two candidates, which one do you think will be most likely to:

1. - Nominate justices to the Supreme Court who will be more likely to honor the CONSTITUTION and our Laws over the "feelings" of the people?

2. - Secure our borders?

3. - Preserve our 2nd amendment?

4. - Improve our economy?

5. - Fight Radical Islamic Terrorism?

...and the list goes on.

To you "never Trumpers," Remember, we're not hiring a pastor, youth minister, or favorite uncle. We're electing a president who will do what's best to turn our country around from the destructive direction which Hillary wants to continue.  I ask you to get over yourself and vote for who you honestly believe can actually get elected, and do the best job for our country!!! 
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."  Thomas Jefferson

If Hillary was the answer, then it must have been a really stupid question!