Myconstitution.info

Author Topic: New feature!  (Read 6210 times)

Offline Jim Nunziato

New feature!
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
Today I activated a new feature. Well, the truth is, today I finally got it working! I installed it a few weeks ago, and it didn't work. I tinkered with it a bit with no success, and yesterday I did some research on the "Mother Board" and found a few things to try here at home. In reality, it was working, but I couldn't see it...

Today I found that I had to manually edit a few files in the "theme" files that makes the forum look like it does. Once I made the edits, Viola! Now we can SEE it's working. Now we have to play with it to see how we all like it.

As you read any post that you did not make, you will see a button that says, "I Like This!" If you click on that button, you are saying, "I Like This!" You get credit for one "like" given, and the author of the note gets credit for one "Like" received. It really doesn't mean anything important, but it's just a simple way of saying "attaboy" or "attagirl" without going through a full reply. It is a way to see how popular a note is, and I thought it would be a fun addition. But, while you can not "Like" your own notes, I suppose it might be possible to bribe a few others to like them for you...    I hope everyone enjoys it!  Oh, one more thing; Once you "Like" a note, the "Like" button changes to "Unlike," so you can change your mind, collect the "likes" of you and go home. Humph!

"If you LIKE a note, you can KEEP......  No, wait, that's not right... I wonder where that came from...   

Jim
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."  Thomas Jefferson

If Hillary was the answer, then it must have been a really stupid question!