Myconstitution.info

Author Topic: Glenn Beck's Restoring Unity Rally  (Read 3850 times)

Louise

Glenn Beck's Restoring Unity Rally
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:49:03 PM »
It's time to stop arguing about doctrine and calling each other names. There is a crisis in the country and we need to join with others who may be different and may not have the same beliefs in order to reestablish unity and return to the values of the founding fathers and the US Constitution. I attended the Rally in Birmingham last weekend. I don't know if this is the place to put this comment, but if we don't start talking to one another instead of arguing, our country is not going to survive. We must defeat the evil that is going to destroy us. It is the Judeo Christian values and knowledge that will save us, but we can't talk about that or the Constitution to well-meaning people who have been brainwashed and are culturally and historically illiterate. Glenn Beck has some new ideas that will help restore unity. Go to the Blaze.com.

Offline Jim Nunziato

Re: Glenn Beck's Restoring Unity Rally
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:03:35 AM »
Hi Louise,

You're right. Our country is in big trouble and there are so many people today who do not know, and who do not care. Our constitution can only work for a moral and educated people. Morality cannot be legislated. The general population needs to be re-educated about our history; why and how our country was formed, and return back to those principles. We are a nation divided, and if we are to survive, we need to get back together. We can start on a few things we all do agree on, and move on from there.

Glenn Beck has a lot of good ideas, as do a lot of other folks. Unfortunately, if someone doesn't agree with their ideas, the first reaction is to trash them rather than talk and try to find common ground.

For anyone interested, here is a link to theblaze.com. There's a lot going on there...
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."  Thomas Jefferson

If Hillary was the answer, then it must have been a really stupid question!